13:45, nine days ago
In September, Rachyl and I made some mead:
10lb Wegman's clover honey 3lb Northern brewer basswood honey 1lb bee folks Butterbean honey 3 gal water 1 packet Lavin D47 yeast
Original gravity was 29.8 brix. The weird honey bill is mostly because it's what we had around, and could get really quickly. Same for the yeast - never used it before, we just went to the local shop and asked for whatever they had. My preference is usually Wyeast 4632.
Today we tested (and tasted!) it, 17 brix. So about 11.45% ABV. Not bad! I think it's a little on the sweet side for me, I tend to like them a little drier, but it's very drinkable, and so we'll be bottling it soon, with plenty of time before Rosh Hashana.
Note that I have not figured you my refractometer's wort correction factor, so my measurements can only be assumed to be "pretty close"